Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

We have a box type, wall mounted Kelvinator air con in our

Customer Question

We have a box type, wall mounted Kelvinator air con in our bedroom. When we use on "heat" the fan switches off with the compressor. They come back on together with a very loud noise.
We can't sleep because of the noise. Is there a fault?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

There is probably an economy switch that turns the fan off rather than allowing it to run when the compressor shuts down. It is usually on the control panel.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?