Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Bosch front loader motor hums, wash cycle starts but bowl

Customer Question

Bosch front loader motor hums, wash cycle starts but bowl does not spin.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The motor hums but does not spin , will spin by hand, the motor hums when starting.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Just want some indication of cause.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If the tub will spin manually and the motor makes noise but will not turn the tub, the motor is faulty. You may be able to just replace the brushes, depending on the model. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.