AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

Our hot plate,being left rear, will not turn off and is at

Customer Question

Hi, our hot plate,being left rear, will not turn off and is at full heat....Westinghouse model ppl 775w.....we have had trouble with this problem and a new switch was installed....not to our liking and what we need is details etc. to order and pick up........Norm
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.

Good day Norm - my name is ***** ***** I'll try my best to help you out - could you let me have the manufacturer and model number of you appliance please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I gave this information originally but it is a Westinghouse Model PPL775W. Oven. The large LH Rear hotplate came up to full temperature quite quickly and then we could not turn it off. We have had to disconnect the power to the unit in order for the hotplate to be turned off.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the update Norm - unfortunately not all of your information comes up on the engineers screen it depends upon which boxes you place the stuff. From what you have told me, that is an inability to regulate the heat this is the item that you require - its called an energy regulator and controls the operation of the hotplate -- http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=64685_70293_72317&products_id=1565654