Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Hey my fridge won't give out water from water dispenser after

Customer Question

Hey my fridge won't give out water from water dispenser after a power cut it still makes ice and everything else seem to work fine can you help me please?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. Try unplugging the refrigerator for about 10 minutes and plug it back up and see if the dispenser works, if not then the water inlet valve has failed, that model has what is called a dual water valve, it has a valve for the ice maker and one for the water dispenser on the same unit, so just because the ice maker is getting water does not mean the valve is good one side could be out while the other still works. If unplugging the unit does not fix it then replace the water inlet valve.Water ValvePart #: WR57X10029 - click here******************************************************************************* We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Iv tried plugging out no luck would there be any reset button or anything like that? And where would I get this valve and are they hard to put on?
No unplugging the unit is the only reset there is. It's easy to change, its located on the rear of the unit , it's the part that your water supply line from the home is connected to, just follow the water lines and you will locate it. Its held in by one or two screws mounted to the rear of the fridge, you shut off the water, disconnect the water supply line from it and replace it with the new valve, I posted a link to part in the original reply, I guess you did not see it, so I will post it belowPart #: WR57X10029 - click herealso here is a video that shows one being replaced, it may not be the exact same valve as your model but it is still the same procedure and should give you a good idea of how to change it out, - click here for video
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you
you are welcome.
Hi I was checking with you I see this question is still open, is there something else I could help you with?