Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Could you tell me the operating water pressure required to

Customer Question

could you tell me the operating water pressure required to run the 650 top loader, my unit is about 4 - 6 years old.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I am on Tank only water no mains and the rinse cycle does not function.
JA: Is there anything else the Whitegoods Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. Around 15psi minimum is needed, washer will usually give you a slow fill error if water is not entering the unit at a fast enough rate, if the machine is filling and washing but not completing the rinse cycle, there is something else wrong other than water pressure alone. It may be one side of the valve is bad most likely the cold valve because all rinse cycles are cold water only, so if its not filling it the rinse it could be the valve. If the valve is putting water in but not completeing the cycle then check the drain pump for blockage, if it has a pump clean out trap, remove it and clean it out, a drain pump that is not operating properly due to filter stoppage with affect that part of the cycle. Does the washer drain and spin out on the drain and spin only cycle? If so you most likely just have a water inlet valve issue. If not then you have pump, motor control or motor issue.******************************************************************************* We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.