Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Please help! I have a LG Ezi Digital 567L Side by Side fridge

Customer Question

Please help! I have a LG Ezi Digital 567L Side by Side fridge freezer with Automatic Ice Maker, I think model GR-L197NIS. The ice maker will not stop making ice. The bucket overflows with ice cubes because it gets so full and it is so loud at making the ice cubes every night that I am awoken by it several times. Please is there any way for me to turn off the ice dispenser or to stop it from making it so much?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: The icemaker will need to be replaced the sensor that controls the level of ice is bad, you need to replace the icemkaer assembly to correct this nothing you do will limit the flow of ice other than shutting down the icemaker. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not even sure that I was playing with the right sensor (if it was even a sensor) it is a square hollow piece that goes up and down and the stick from the IceCube bucket pushes against it when it's in place. How can I turn off the ice maker then? I don't even need it so will gladly turn it off, but I would like to be able to keep using the water dispenser
The off should be on the controls not on the icemaker to turn it off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What controls? Might that be on the back on the back of the fridge? That is the only place I have not looked yet. The front controls do not have an option to turn off. They only have a super freeze option, water/ice/crushed ice dispenser, and temp for fridge and for freezer and filter level.
DO you see a shut off button on the icemaker?
You should see this ON/OFF button CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no obvious shut off button on the ice maker no. I was hoping you would be able to tell me where it is if there is supposed to be one because I've taken everything out and still can't see it anywhere. If I can't turn it off, Is there a way to cap off the water line that makes the ice? Or will this cause problems because the fridge will still try to get the water for the ice tray?
Just unplug the icemaker can you do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to do that just now since you suggested it, and found what I thought was a power plug because it looks exactly like one, as per the photo. I tried to pull it out and instead broke it which turned out to be the water line to the freezer. Now I have no option but to keep the water turned off. Not very happy and I will be requesting my money back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For some reason I can't seem to get a refund, any idea why this might be? If I can't figure that out I will simply be putting a bad rating.