WorthyHomeSolutions
WorthyHomeSolutions,
Experience:  Universal HVAC Tech at Kelly Enterprise
93996500

My Smeg dishwasher will not change program and beeps

Customer Question

Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The controls are having a problem of some sort. Turn the power off at the mains supply switch to the appliance for a few hours. Any change when powered back up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power was turned off and left off over night. Power was then turned on and left on over next night. No change.
Cannot change programs. Stuck on program 4 (normal). Getting beep,beep....beep,beep signal. Half Load button does not work either. I previously replaced the circuit board, but this did not change the problem. When I close the dishwasher door, the 'pump' gives a short grunt then stops then another short grunt then stops.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Can you inspect the area underneath the wash tub? Is there water under there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No water under there
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Odd, and the problem did not change when the board was replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Did you replace the actual machine control or the interface board that switches between cycles?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The main circuit board
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure then, I will place your question back to the list in case another has an idea.
Expert:  WorthyHomeSolutions replied 1 year ago.
Hello check to see if your door connection is good. When you open it there is a latch that pushes a lever in the handle it will beep if turned on but not shut all the way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As your company cannot solve my problem, please refund my money.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door connection is good. When turned on with door open I get beep,beep...beep,beep.
When door closed, I get same double beeping and sounds like a short grinding noise (like a pump doing a couple of turns) then a pause then does it again.
WHEN THE DOOR IS CLOSED DO THE LIGHTS BLINK
IF SO SOUNDS LIKE IT MAY BE STUCK IN RESET MODE