AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.

I have a bosch wae24271au front loader washing machine it

Customer Question

Hi I have a bosch wae24271au front loader washing machine it is about 7-8 years old . 2 days ago it developed a water leak so my wife contacted the local appliance repair co who came and service the filter .To do this they tilted the machine at 45deg to remove the pump and clean it . Machine was reassembled and filled with some water then put into drain cycle - no leaks . That evening a load was put through the machine and it nearly through itself to bits with vibrations .looking at the bowl when it was going showed the it wobbling about 10-20 mm off axis ..This is the first problem we have had with the machine and it has NEVER vibrated before. Any thoughts what may have gone wrong and is a parts catalogue and repair manual available .I am a mechanical engineer so am keen to repair it rather than replace it .Hoping you can help.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Lets start with the obvious - can you rock the appliance ie when he put it back in did he check that the feet were level? Secondly when it is full of water and you put it to a pump out, does it actually pump out the water?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes the machine was level .Yes the water pumped out it only vibrates when the drum is starting to gain speed .But it has never done this before.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
OK can you feel any up/down movement between the two drums (inner and outer) and is it noisy on spin?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Do you still require assistance?