Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Our BEKO wmb81641lc 8kg washer is not washing properly.

Customer Question

Hi, our BEKO wmb81641lc 8kg washer is not washing properly. When starting a wash cycle, it begins to fill with water and then stops after about 10 secs and the lock light flashes. It then drains the water out and starts to try and fill again, yo only repeat the above problem. Our water taps are definitely turned on. I've reset it, tried different cycles and no luck. Any suggestions?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! I suspect the problem lies with the pressure switch not detecting the water filling, causing the control to go into a safety pump out cycle. Once the top of the machine is removed, the pressure switch will be found at the very top of the cabinet and will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass? Any change after clearing that hose?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, thanks for the advice. I'm having to purchase a new screwdriver (polydrive) to get the darn lid off so will attempt what you suggest in the next day or two. I have disconnected the waste hose and ensured that's clear but I'm sure this is not the hose you are referring to.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. No, the hose you be looking for is about as big around as a pencil, it is quite small.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, no luck after removing and blowing through the pressure hose. Any other ideas?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Is the behavior the exact same?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, exactly the same.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like that pressure switch needs to be replaced because it is not detecting the water level correctly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I've taken the pressure switch out and will replace tomorrow when I can source the part
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am yet to rate this service as have to order the part and if it doesn't resolve the issue, I'm back to square one
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I apologize if you received an automated message, I have no control over those. Any message from me will show in this thread.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No worries, the part should be here Tuesday next week.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the pressure switch today and the problem is still not fixed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Did the behavior change at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at all