Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

FP 2 drawer dishwasher wont start. I've completed all the obvious

Customer Question

FP 2 drawer dishwasher wont start. I've completed all the obvious checks. All components in diagnostics work individually when tested. Paul
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: apart from what I already said, when I push start, 10m comes up on screen and it beeps in a negative tune if you know what I mean.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Pls make sure the tec is familiar with these units
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how much is this costing me?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My paypal has just paid $39 and an ongoing monthly payment. I only want a one-off consultancy, not an ongoing fee as I wont use it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have paid $39. When will someone respond?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The 10m on the display and the fact that is works in the diagnostic cycle leads me to believe the electronic control is having issues. Turn the power off at the maqins for a few hours. Any change when powered back up? Do both drawers have the same issue or is one working? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would like to sort out the payments first. I have already paid AUD39 and inadvertently agreed to pay AUD39 PER MONTH thereafter. I have since reversed the go forward AUD39 per month in Paypal. If we are unable to fix the problem, what happens to the AUD39 already paid? I assume this will be refunded - pls confirm.
Back to the technical problem, I had previously switched off and unplugged the power cord. This made no difference but I will try again.
Neither drawers work. Top draw displays "10m" and bottom drawer displays "49m".
Where is the model number? I think its a DD603 from online reading but not sure. I've lost the manual!
Do you know about the light transfer tubes/prism/alignment?
Where are you located? I'm in Perth Australia 8am now.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I found a manual online. I tried the fast/test cycle procedure as follows:
Press and hold Keylock, then Start/Pause for 5 seconds
All LEDs & LCD segments except Keylock are illuminated
Press Power Button Twice
FC will show in the display (integrated: Heavy, Normal, Delicate, Rinse LEDs showing)
Press Start/Pause Twice
Beeps (dee-dee-dee-da) indicate that the 5 minute fast test cycle will NOT start. Same result for both drawers.
If you are not in a similar time zone to me, this is going to take a long time!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I may have found the problem. I found this technical article which talks about the light transfer signal, prism etc. I checked top drawer and prism looked fine. When I removed the bottom drawer the prism was missing! Do you think this is the cause of the problems? If so, why doesn't top drawer washer work?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just ordered a new prism which will take 1 week. Can you pls refund my payment. I will contact justanswer if this does not work and start again. Pls let me know if you think I'm heading down the right track.