Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Pearl, JA: How can we be of help? Customer: We have

Customer Question

Hello Pearl,
JA: How can we be of help?
Customer: We have a Hoover top-loader, Model No. 750LA. It is about 15 years old.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Hello Pearl,
JA: What seems to be the problem?
Customer: We have a Hoover model 750 LA. It's about 15 years old. The wash cycle seems O.K. until the m/c gets to the spin cycle. With the lid switch jammed, the water seems to pump out properly but the bowl doesn't spin. It moves slightly and the agitator does the same.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Whitegoods Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Hi Pearl,
The machine is operating correctly till it reaches the point in the program where it has to spin. It drains the water, and it sounds as though it is trying to spin, but nothing happens for a while, then the bowl turns for about half a turn, then the agitator starts to agitate a few times while the bowl is still trying to spin, then the agitator stops and it tries to spin the bowl again, then the bowl goes about about half a turn and the agitator starts agitating again. This continues till the spin part of the cycle is complete. Needless to say, the clothes are still dripping wet!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: Remove the rear panel and check for any signs of corrosion by the transmission and bearings, often a leak develops and then seizes the bearings so the drum can not spin freely. If it was sounding louder in spin recently that is the most likely issue and a costly and labor intensive repair. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!