AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

My Miele dishwasher won't drain. I have followed the instructions

Customer Question

My Miele dishwasher won't drain. I have followed the instructions to access the drain pump, and the impeller moves. But washer still doesn't drain. So not sure what my next move is.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: OK, not sure what to add. I have an instruction manual that goes through this. I removed the filter assembly, cleaned it, removed the pump assembly, moved the impeller as instructed, picked out a couple of bits of detritus that may have been obstructing it. Put it all back together and it starts the cycle but is still not draining. So I am wondering if something is stuck further downstream (hose) and if so what to do next.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope. thanks.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** there are three things that can cause this -a. There is a blockage, this can be in the pipe that connects the wash tub sump to the pump, the pump itself, the discharge pipe between the pump and your drain, or the drain itself be that under the sink or standpipe.b. The pump is faulty.e. There is no power to the pump. You have started the procedure by checking that the pump impeller is free, next thing to do is with the filter out check if you put it on pump out if the impeller is actually turning and then come back to me - Ian