Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Water is leaking from behind the water dispenser panel??? JA:

Customer Question

Water is leaking from behind the water dispenser panel???
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Dripping down the fridge door from somewhere. Do we take off the front panel? Have done the filter change.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Whitegoods Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. IS it steadily dripping out?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes. I think it's actually the water outlet nozzle
Yes I bet it is and that is common you have a leaky water valve. The valve where the water connects o the unit will need to be replaced to fix that issue. Basically it is like a drippy faucet and the shut off (the valve) is leaking through. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What is the part number?? How is it replaced? From the front
I would need the model and you would replace it from behind the unit
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
MRF610A. Do you take off the front of the water dispenser panel to access the valve? Can I turn off dispensing function meantime?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just worked out how to turn off dispenser.
You need to pull the unit out and get at the water shut off valve to the refrigerator. There is a water line that goes from the source to the water valve behind the unit (nothing from the front). You need to contact a local supplier for the part. Since I am not in Australia you should call this place to order the water valve +61 8 8231 3369
All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!