Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have Bosch dishwasher model SMU68MO5AU that doesn't receive water.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid via Paypal. Can we continue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In case this helps...
Whilst I was waiting I tried tipping the machine backwards and it received water and started working. Any idea why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After further inspection I have found a tiny water leak on the two corrugated hoses shown on the attached photo.
There was also a drop of water on the plastic in between the two sockets where the hoses plug. It seems as if the water leak is behind the big plastic tank that covers the whole left hand side of the machine, but I don't know how to take it off so I could have a look.
About a 100 mm above hose sockets there is some sort of round plastic grill which links a small section of the tank assembly to the inside of the machine (second photo the part visible just above the inverted U on the left). I suspect the junction between the two is where the leak is, but can't check it because I can't figure out how to access it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As it turns out the tank I was referring to is a heat exchanger, and the plastic grill a steam vent...
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Is it leaking from an oring there or a crack in the tubing, that is the water intake assembly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not 100% sure but it seems to be from the seal for the larger cover that secures the heat exchanger from the inside. I took it apart, cleaned it up and just re-assembled it. Can't be sure if the seal should be re-used, but it looks fine to me. I'll give it a go and see what happens.
Yes that is the large ring seal for the water intake. Sometimes they can leak. If you took it apart and cleaned it up on both sides usually they do not give issue anymore. Let me know All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it's not the water intake. It's the part 0402 in the attached diagram.
The diagram attached is a brochure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, wrong document. See page 3 in this one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Btw, 10 minutes in the pre-rinse cycle, no leak (yet).
Yes that is the water intake port where the water comes into the unit. That is the lock ring and seal at the intake port. Water flows into the unit right there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Interesting, when I was watching it running, water entered the machine through the smaller part (0403 further down).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the end it doesn't matter, as long as it works.
Yes it will enter through both at a point in the cycle and yes in the end as long as it works with no leaks all is right with the world:)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks good for now. I'll try tomorrow too. The leak was originally barely noticeable. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One question though...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was supposed to deposit $18, but was charged $42 for some sort of free trial I am not really interested on. Why?
I am just a tech that works through the site, I have nothing to do with payments at all. I am only a paid a small amount of whatever you have paid only after a good rating is given. You can talk to customer service and ask them though about the issue.