John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

Machine has stopped in cycle and beeping JA: I'll do all

Customer Question

Machine has stopped in cycle and beeping
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: go to start the wash cycle and it beeps 4 times and does not start it is a westinghouse lt758s
JA: Anything else I can tell the Whitegoods Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Apparently it stopped halfway through the cycle and water wouldn't drain but house mate some how got the water to drain. I have reset the machine and now its cycle won't start and beeps
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Will you please send me the brand name and model number, so I can find the necessary technical information I need to assist you? Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Westinghouse LT758S
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
OK. Thank you. I'll see what I can find, and I'll get back to you. In the meantime, check the drain pump assembly and the drain hose for any debris that blocks the drain water from emptying the tub.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yep that's all good it is cleared and housemate said it stopped through the cycle and he was able to get the water to drain
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Try removing the power by unplugging the power cord or switch the breaker off, for 30 minutes to see if the control board will reset itself, and function properly. If this solves the problem. Please use the expert's star rating at the top of your screen to let me know how well you think my effort served your needs. If you need more help, please get back to me. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still no success.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
OK. We've exhausted every possibility, but replacing the drain pump. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $134.48. You can purchase it at use the expert's star rating, found at the top of your screen to let me know how good my effort was to help you. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.