Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Kely, My name is ***** ***** the issue is with the washing

Customer Question

Hi Kely, My name is ***** ***** the issue is with the washing machine filter
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: after I wash the clothes there is a stain wish appears like a residue on our garments which never was there before the wash. I took my top and dress to the dry cleaners who said its the filter
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. What is the complete make and model off the unit?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, its a Hoover 800 RLB 8.0 kg Heavy Duty washing machine
What does this stain look like?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
HI, its a light brown stains around the clothes and usually is a large one
Ok do they look like oil circles?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes they do
Yes that is what I thought, that is oil from the transmission on the unit. These will look like light brown circles or blobs all over shorts and clothing. The seal for the upper shaft on the transmission has gone bad. The unit needs a new transmission. That is common on that unit. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
HI, Thank for that. Where can I get another transmission and how much will it cost
You would need to order one from a local supplier and it is a job to put it in. The cost would generally be 250+ for the part.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you know a local supplier
This place you could contact to get it. CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you
Sure no problem