John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

Pearl JA: What seems to be the problem? Customer: I

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a delonghi DE 906 GWF. The oven does not heat up. The oven light fan and everything else works but the oven element and the blue light in front does not come on
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Is this a free service from Delonghi? If it is it is fantastic
JA: The Appliance Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: How much does the technician wants
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The system did not let me pay 5$ only I had to pay and have paid 39$.
Additional info, when testing the resistance across the blue light, it show open circuit.
Also the element top and bottom tested ok(infinity).
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
I'll look for the technical information I need to assist you, and I'll get back to you. Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
The symptoms you describe indicate that the oven thermostat has failed. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $51.05. You can purchase it at my answer satisfies you, please use the expert's rating service to tell me how well I've done. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The there are two thermostat in the system which one are you referring to?
I tested the thermostat over load and it tested ok.
If it is the thermostat with the knob on the front, if I short it out momentary, the lot should work. Is this correct?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also if the thermostat pilot lamp test "open circuit" would that create the issue? When I test the lamp it shows open circuit.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
The pilot lamp is a led, and it has very high resistance. Bypassing the oven control thermostat will not get the element working.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So to confirm, the part number you gave me is for the control thermostat.
last question for my own interest, why bypassing momentarily the control thermostat will not get the element working?
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Yes, it is. The thermostat is not just mechanically operated. It also uses an electronic circuit to perform its function.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi John,
I would like to rate you once I receive and install the part. if it is all OK I will rate you a 5. They told me that I will get the part within 7 days. This part is from a local Delonghi part supplier and the part number they quoted is 066072 for $29.95
Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
OK. Thank you.