Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

We have a Toshiba refrigerator GR-R41DA (TS) with auto ice

Customer Question

We have a Toshiba refrigerator GR-R41DA (TS) with auto ice maker which seems to have jammed up and has loud knocking noise (trying to empty ice tray?). Any idea what the problem might be?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! If it is trying to expel ice yet you have cleared all blockages, the gears in the motor have likely broken or stripped. Did you clean out the ice maker itself of ice or just the ice bucket? If just the bucket, use hot water to thaw the cubes and clean out the ice maker tray and you should be able to determine if the blockage was cube related or the head is faulty.