AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.

I have a Bosch dishwasher that is approx one year old.

Customer Question

Hello I have a Bosch dishwasher that is approx one year old. Model No SMS50D08AU. We have error 24. ,my husband has taken baskets etc out, cleaned the filter, removed the mesh and cleaned that area, cleaned the hose and re connected it. we have tried another cycle but the same error is appearing. I have been told to reset the machine but have differing advice on how to do this, are you able to help please? Many thanks Jennine
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
E24 indicates that the appliance has not drained out in the allocated time. This can be a faulty drain pump, the drain pipe is blocked or a problem with your plumbing if fitted to a spigot under the sink. First thing I would do is remove the filters inside the wash cavity and pour boiling water into the sump, then remove the dishwasher drain hose from its fitting and place this in a bucket. After a couple of minutes put the dishwasher on a program and see if it pumps all the water out, then come back to me - Ian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thanks doing this now

Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
OK I'm in and out so will catch up with you when I can - Ian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

we have removed the filters and poured boiling water down into the sump, the hose cannot be removed but is clear. we have tried to re run but the same error message is re appearing?

Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Can you hear the pump running a few seconds after you start the dishwasher?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

No we cant

Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
OK this is likely to be the problem - if you can give me the full ENr which is laser etced in the top of the door I will have a look at the diagram and tell you where to look next.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
If you copy and paste the following link into your browser then go to spare parts list and diagrams, then page 4 item 0455 is the drain pump. You should be able to get at it from the front under the door once you have removed the kickstrip plate. Take the pump off and see if it is jammed with a piece of bone, pottery etc if so remove and replace. If not then start the appliance and see if it runs right at the start of the program with it just hanging on the wires (obviously not being able to short out to the casing and you not touching it) if it spins then you should be good to go - Ian