Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a whirlpool fridge freezer and the door open alarm goes

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool fridge freezer and the door open alarm goes off intermittently when the door is shut how can I fix it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The alarm goes off for no reason
JA: Anything else I can tell the Whitegoods Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. ANSWER:First replace the door switch on the unit and also check the wiring to the door switch and if that does not correct the issue you will need to replace the main board on the unit to stop it. Sometimes the input signal from the door switch is not read correctly by the board if you are having a primary hardware failure on the main board , then you get the alarm. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU