John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

We've purchased the Bosch hba63s4.1a oven a year ago and have

Customer Question

We've purchased the Bosch hba63s4.1a oven a year ago and have used it very little. How often should one apply the pyrotecnic cleaning? we are concerned about the high electricity usage. Thanks, Franco
JA: Sometimes, Franco, appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: What do you need to know?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: We are low users; we use the stove, of course, but the oven, due to the apparent difficulties in cleaning, is rarely used. It was installed 9 months ago.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
The self clean cycle should be used only if you've cleaned the unit manually, but still have residue remaining, that you'd like to remove.