Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Bosch Maxx Classic about 10 years old. About half

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Maxx Classic about 10 years old. About half the time the machine leaks water on the floor when washing. It seems to be particularly if there is a heavy load being washed. I also wondered if I should be cleaning lint out of the machine like I used to with my previous top loader but cannot find any instructions that would do that.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The most common cause of leakage is a hole in the rubber door boot. If you stretch it out in all directions, do you see any tears or holes in it, even at the top and sides?

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Kelly
Thank you for your suggestion, however I am not confident that this will solve my problem. The leakage does not appear to be from the door more probably from under the machine but when I last used it there was no leakage.I did try to examine the rubber door boot but could not 'stretch it out much' or see any tears or holes. I am assuming the rubber door boot is the rubber seal. I will need to observe the machine when it leaks again, probably when I was towels or linen.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Sure, just reply with your findings, thank you!