Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Simpson 36s520f. It agitates but doesnt spin,

Customer Question

My name is***** have a Simpson 36s520f. It agitates but doesnt spin
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: stopped spinning after an electrical storm
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect there may be an issue with the electronic controller in the machine if it stopped after an electrical storm. Unplug for a couple hours. Does the behavior change at all when plugged back in?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My order ID 16159849-753. After the storm, the washing machine would trip the house circuit breaker when it reached the spin cycle. After drying out the machine (laundry leaked water through the roof during the storm) and repeating the process, I heard a phzzt, then it wouldnt trip the circuit breaker but it also wouldnt spin. I still use it to wash my clothes but hang them up over the bath to drip dry.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
If the deposit is $18, why was I billed $37 ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

I don't have any access to any account information. The question value is set by you at the start of the process. Did you select a higher value maybe? You can contact the admin folks at***@******.*** to see about your account.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Not happy so far :(
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
After the storm, the washing machine would trip the house circuit breaker when it reached the spin cycle. After drying out the machine (laundry leaked water through the roof during the storm) and repeating the process, I heard a phzzt, then it wouldnt trip the circuit breaker but it also wouldnt spin. I still use it to wash my clothes but hang them up over the bath to drip dry.