Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

My Samsung machine is showing the SUD error code mid cycle.

Customer Question

Hi there!
My Samsung machine is showing the SUD error code mid cycle. I then press the start button, and it goes off again, until the rinse cycle comes on and then i get the LE error.
I have tried the following troubleshoot fixes: main power on then off, cleaned the debris filter, cleaned the rubber packing and drain area, ran a drum clean cycle (only to come up with LE error there too).
I have been using the emergency hose to complete the cycle.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Is there quite a bit of water remaining in the tub when you have to manually drain it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i manually drain it to keep the cycle going so i cant answer your question im sorry.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

If you don't manually drain it, though, it does not drain well enough for the cycle to continue?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thats right. if i don manually drain it, the cycle stops and has the LE error code coming up.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Great, thank you! If you have cleaned the pump filter and the drain path is clear, then the pump will need to be replaced. The impeller is common to come loose from the motor shaft and not be able to pump the water well. The pump will need to be replaced.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what is the pump?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The part that drains the water that I linked you to.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how is the pump accessed? can you please advise where the pump is on the machine?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The pump is attached to the part where the filter is that you cleaned out. The top comes off after removing screws along back edge, then the console with the controls in it will come off and unplug. Once that is off, the entire front panel will need to be removed.

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.