John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My 4kg dryer does not spin when the start button is pushed.

Customer Question

My 4kg dryer does not spin when the start button is pushed. I have to push it in really hard, then it seems to wait till it changes direction then it starts but only sometimes.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It is a Simpson 4kg Eziloader
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Whitegoods Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Whitegoods Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Whitegoods Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Whitegoods Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Try pushing on the edge of the door opposite the hinge side. If the unit operates correctly, look for debris which keeps the door from closing completely. Get back to me with the result. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John, That is exactly what I have to do to get it going. However there is certainly no debris there as I wipe it down and empty the lint filter every couple of times. The odd thing is that once the dryer is operating, then if I open the door to take something out then start it again, it ALWAYS starts. The dryer is well out of warranty and has been doing this for about 6 months. Could it be something to do with the timing mechanism?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

No. I think the door sensing switch needs to be replaced. If you send me the model number, I'll get the part number information for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a Simpson EziLoader 4kg model 39P400M-V1
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK. Thank you. The part number for the door switch is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $24.01. You can purchase it at www.bigwarehouseparts.com.au. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

4