John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a Samsung double door fridge Model SRF639GDSS and is

Customer Question

I have a Samsung double door fridge Model SRF639GDSS and is not chilling the fridge or freezer after a 2 minute power outage, can adjust the temperature to 3 degC in the fridge and -19Deg C for the freezer but it's just not working. All lights are on and you can hear the fridge running. Anytime you hit the button to display the temperature the fridge says 20deg C. I turned it off again for 5plus minutes to try and reset.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

First, remove the power by unplugging the fridge or switching the breaker off for at least 30 minutes to allow the control board to reset itself, and function properly. If this doesn't restore proper function, please get back to me. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
John turned the fridge off for 40 minutes turned back on it the fridge inside temperature is still 21deg C, fridge sounds like it's running ok. It only has been 30 minutes on power cool but surely it should have changed
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Give the fridge 4 or 5 hours to stabilize. It's at room temperature to start, and it will cool down slowly. Please get back to me, if you need any more help. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
John it has had all night to cool down but still nothing the fridge still seems to be running fine but no cooler. I did try turning it off again for over 2 hours before turning back on
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Before we start to consider replacing parts, please inspect the condenser coil at the bottom of the fridge to see if there's a layer of lint and/or dust blocking the air flow through it. If there is, vacuum it off with a ShopVac. Again, give the fridge some time to start cooling down. If this suggestion doesn't work, we'll need to get to what part needs to be replaced. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
John there is no real
Lint there at all, have turned off for the next couple of hours
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Just one more question. When the fridge is running, do you feel warm air flowing from the front at the floor level?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
John could it be the compressor is gone or out of gas, does this mean it is stuffed
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

I think the compressor is OK. I believe the refrigerant in the sealed system has leaked out. This problem must be diagnosed by a professional refrigeration technician, as work on sealed systems are closely regulated, requiring special test equipment. It's best to schedule a service call. If you go to www.samsung.com, and use their service dealer locator menu, you'll find those closest to your home. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.