Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hoover vision hd filter is leaking just after cleaning, I

Customer Question

hoover vision hd filter is leaking just after cleaning
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I cleaned the filter on my washing machine and when I screw it back in it will not seal and water runs onto the floor
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Whitegoods Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 months ago.

Hi

If the filter is leaking then its either not fitted fully back or theres grit in there not sealing it probberly.

Remove the filter again and were it screws into the pump check theres no grit or debris in there as this can make a poor seal when refitted.

Also make sure the seal in the filter cup is clean as well and not creased up.

Once its all clear refit the filter and fully tighten it up and see how that goes.

If after all that its still leaking then the pump will need to be replaced as the filter and seal comes as part of the pump so it will need to be replaced and that will fix the leak.

But try the above first as messing with it and cleaning it usually fixes the leak and stops it.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open?

If you need anymore info just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer i gave then it will close the question.

Regards