John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have F & P washing machine model WA70T60GW1 which has

Customer Question

I have F & P washing machine model WA70T60GW1 which has stopped washing. Water auto level has stopped working and wont agitate just moves back and forward a small amount and makes a banging noise. Water pumps out but also will not spin
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Whitegoods Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I think that pretty much covers it. Thanks Arthur
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

It sounds like you may have a worn drive belt. I'll look for the technical information I need to assist you, and I'll get back to you. Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

I've found more information on your washer. It's not belt driven, but has a direct drive transmission. It the failed transmission that is making all the noise you hear. The part costs about $250, and the washer needs to be mostly disassembled to replace it. I suggest that you have a professional servicer, with the proper tools and training, do the work, if you choose to keep the washer. My best guess for the complete job is $500 to $750.

If you want to try it yourself, please get back to me for parts number information. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.