Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a whirlpool Condenser dishwasher ADP 5550 that is not

Customer Question

hi. I have a whirlpool Condenser dishwasher ADP 5550 that is not draining properly and is displaying a red light in the shape of a star constantly.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: When the cycle is finished, the doesn't appear to be any lights flashing, just the red indicator light that says where the machine is in the cycle and directly underneath is the red star llight.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: when I turn the knob to start a cycle, the machine is starting the wash mid cycle.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The issue is the lack of drainage and is most likely the result of a blockage in the drain hose, usually right at the connection to your home's plumbing. Can you remove the drain hose at that connection and see if it is clear, please?