John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

My WDF902WA Dishwasher has a fault code of 50 and I am

Customer Question

My WDF902WA Dishwasher has a fault code of 50 and I am unable to fix it myself, are you able to tell me how to fix it and not just tell me to take it to a shop for repair?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

Mieli, in spite of all the pretty pictures on their website, make no technical information available. Your only choice for service information and repair is to go to, and use the service dealer locator menu, or chat with one of their representatives. Sorry about this, zig hiel.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is a Westinghouse dishwasher, not a mieli
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

OK. Thank you. ***** used the model number you posted to search for information, I was directed to the Miele website. Onward, and I'll get back to your.

Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

The error code 50 indicates that the safety lock-out has been activated due to water in the drip tray at the bottom of the machine. To reset the control board, remove the tray and empty any water it's collected. Disconnect the water sensor plug and plug it back in. Replace the drip tray, and the code should disappear.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi John, have done that twice and still not clearing fault. Tray dry.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

If you haven't already done so, remove the power for 30 minutes by unplugging the power cord, or switching it off at the breaker, to see if the control board will reset itself, and function properly.a