Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My aquasmart fischer and pykel washing machine lid will not

Customer Question

hi my aquasmart fischer and pykel washing machine lid will not lock and this stops the machine from working what can I do?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

What is the model of the unit?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It just says Aquasmart

OK if you lift the top lid you will see a couple plugs on each front corner. You need to pry them out and then there are two screws to remove and the top will lift up to get at the lid switch can you do that?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Are you handy?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what do i need to do

Lift the lid and you will see two Soft Rubber plugs on each corner near the front. Under them is a phillips screw you need to take them off to lift the top up.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i have located them do i unscrew them

Yes unscrew them and the whole top will lift up and then you can see the lid actuator check it for a broken peg on the actuator as they break from time to time. Replace the actuator as that is typically what goes bad. on the unit for that issue.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok i have unscrewed the lid what next

Remove the lid lock actuator and replace it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what does the actuator look like

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is it at the front or back under the dials
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how do i know it is broken

At the front there is a slot on the lid frame where the lid plastic flat hook slips through into the actuator

If the lid will not lock that is bad.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
why? I have the actuator off the lid - what part would be broken?

You said the lid will not lock correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the screen told me this when i try to fill the machine - it keeps clicking to try and lock i assume

Yes if you look at the lid actuator the hook is likely broken off That WHITE PLASTIC PEG IN THIS PICTURE

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

If you have the lid actuator out just check the hook peg that is part of the actuator.....basically you need to replace the actuator either way as that is the cause of the lid lock failure and it trying to lock but can not. Just replace that part and you will be good to go!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
where do you get an actuator from
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i can see the actuator is the problem - does this require electrical rewiring or do u just replace the part???

Just replace the part it is pretty easy to change out.