Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

Various, fisher & paykel top loader, draining slowly,

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: various
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: fisher & paykel top loader
JA: Is there anything else the Whitegoods Technician should be aware of?
Customer: draining slowly, sometimes stopping at rinse cycle
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The pump in that machine is a very light electric style motor. I suspect there is something caught in the pump body that may be preventing a good drain. Are you able to lean the machine back to access the pump hoses for removal and inspection of the pump?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The pump is fairly new,(replaced +/- 18mths ago) i pulled it out yesterday, it spins freely, there are no obstruction in pump or hose
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

If it is clear of any obstructions, the impeller on the pump motor may be loose or worn. In any case, if it is running and there drain path is clear, you have a bad pump. There is nothing else to cause poor drainage.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. Sometimes the machine stops at the rince cycle, not sure of the error code yet.
Would this be caused by a faulty pump?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

If it is not draining out well, yes. It could also be caused by poor cold water pressure, too. I would check the screen in the water valve and cold hose water pressure.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did check these yesterday as well and i see no problem with water pressure, it fills without any issues. i have run the machine this morning without stopage (although slow draining) and am running again to see if it will stop/give an error
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Sounds like the pump will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok i will give it a try
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Sounds good, keep me posted!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!