ApplianceMAN, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Refrigeration tech that can and knows how to fix from small ice personal ice makers to large freezers, Also know furnaces.

We have a Kenwood electronic food processor over 15 years

Customer Question

Hi we have a Kenwood electronic food processor over 15 years old and was working well but has stopped working now. The speed dial is loose and the motor does not turn on. Is there an easy fix? Will I need a technician to repair it? Is it worth repairing or has it given up the ghost? Reset button didn't help. Any advice please?
Many thanks,
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Kenwood Chef. sorry not sure of model number. Thanks. Raj, Sydney Australia.
Expert:  ApplianceMAN replied 7 months ago.
If you can find the model number I can take a look for a easy fix but unfortunately when appliance get up there in age 10-15yrs old now a days thats the end of there life and its not worth spending the money/service call /repair.The way I always look at it is that you may put a 100$ part in a 15yr old system that has 10 other 50-100$ parts
Me personally if I was in your shoes and it wasnt a 1000$ processor I would purchase a new one.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The model number is ***** 210 ..600WattsThanks
Do you hear anything when you try and Turn it on. Humming sound something like that ?

Have we resolved this question if so please rate me, Its the only way I get paid

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, There is no humming sound . Nothing at all. the machine seems dead. when I turn the speed knob clockwise and anticlockwise it just seems to rotate without any resistance. On one occasion the motor came for a brief second and stopped. So could this this be a loose contact issue? Thanks, Raj
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No sorry my question has not been resolved.
I did see they made some of these with a belt that hooks to motor and processor but I was hoping it would come on every time. Which its not.Im thinking motor is probably out