Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Simpson washiing machine, model SWT604. It's giving

Customer Question

I have a Simpson washiing machine, model SWT604. It's giving an error code 11 and is beeping.. on opening the lid, items are somewhat spun but not as dry as I believe they would be normally. I tried putting a load onto the rinse and spin cycle and the same thing happened. Any suggestions please?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Does the error come up right away or only during a certain cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
during the cycle, and comes up again during a rinse and spin cycle, I can't move items in the washer to rebalance it, which I thought might have been required.

That is a filling error code, first make sure the drain hose is not laying on the floor and is above the cabinet height of the machine to rule out a siphoning issue. Then you need to check the fill valve on the unit to see if it is working and check your water supply to the unit. If water is filling too slowly that code will come up.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the drain hose is fine, the water supply is fine, and both as they always were..I'm yet to check the fill valve.. where do I check that?

The fill valve is where the water supply connects to the unit see if that is being energized or see if the coil on the valve is burned out with an ohm meter.