Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

ASKO N516 dishwasher fills and empties, but no wash cycle.

Customer Question

ASKO N516 dishwasher fills and empties, but no wash cycle. The timer just counts down.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when we run a rinse cycle, to test it, it fills, and then when it supposed top wash and the sprayers rotate, we hear a click (like a switch) and nothing. The timer counts down and the DW empties itself.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just confirmed it is a DW20.2 model
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Can you check and see if there is power to the main wash motor with a volt meter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'll need to get some tools. Will advise.

OK sounds good when you get the bottom panel off you can see the motor and see if it has power or is just humming. I will wait for your reply.