Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Simpson top loader washers but won't spin or let the

Customer Question

My Simpson top loader washers but won't spin or let the water go it just keeps beeping what causes that?
Cheers
Sally
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Sally, the issue you are having is all related to the pump. Either the pump on the unit is blocked or bad. You will need to manually drain it with a shopvac by sucking the water out of the end of the drain hose or from the tub itself. Then you need to tip the unit up and remove the pump and check it for blockages and see if the impeller on the pump is broken free from the shaft. If so replace it. Once you get that fixed it will spin and pump fine again.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU