Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I gave, My apologies... i have a 2 and 4 year old trying to

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** i gave
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My apologies... i have a 2 and 4 year old trying to help me type and they keep hitting send! My name is ***** ***** i have a whirlpool ADP962. The start light is flashing and it wont run programmes. If i hold the start button down the start light stops flashing the machine srarts to work for about 30secs or so and then stops and the start light flashes again. Ive tried unplugging for a few minutes and then restarting so the machine might reset. That made the machine work for 2 mins and tgen it stopped and the start light wash flashing again. I also removed the food catch basket and silver cover tray that surrounds it. There was a bit of white slime? Around that so cleaned all that up. Noticed some water in that area so held start butyon down again and after the 30 secs of machine running it had decreased. Im not sure what to try next!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The flashing light is an error code. How many flashes between pauses? Often times, turning the mains off for a few hours will reset the controller. Have you tried that?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Kelly, thanks for helping out. The start light is flashing every second - so pretty much on and off straight away .. I did unplug the machine to try and reset but only for a couple of minutes . I'll unplug it now and take the kids to their swimming lessons and try it again later on tonight.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Is the door shutting easily and securely?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi kelly - I tried leaving the machine unplugged overnight but it didn't make a difference - the start light is still flashing. I've just checked the door and it is closed securely. I read somewhere that it might be an issue with a leak beneath the machine but I don't see any water anywhere unless it dried up. Apparently we can check that by undoing the front panel beneath the door .. Is that right?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

That is correct, but usually the pump will keep running when that happens. It sounds to me like the door switch is not closing (electrically, not mechanically) and the control thinks the door is open. Let me know if you find water under the machine.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?