Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a Westinghouse DSK965SNG oven. The fan force heater

Customer Question

We have a Westinghouse DSK965SNG oven. The fan force heater element was replaced recently. Now when the oven is heating up and suddenly turning off, the clock goes blank and after its cooled a bit the oven turns back on. Seems to only be in fan forced mode. Is there a limit switch or similar that needs replacing?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Yes there are safety limits mounted to the top and back of the unit mainly this one in the location 606 of the diagram. That is likely the bad one causing that issue.

CLICK HERE

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I received the part as shown in the diagram. The only limit switch on my oven is mounted at the rear on top of the oven under the burners but is different in appearance. I can't find another switch. Is there one at the front as the exploded diagram appears to show?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

That should be the switch did you try it?