Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

We have a Siemens gas cooktop. The electronic display on the

Customer Question

We have a Siemens gas cooktop. The electronic display on the stovetop is showing to half digits, like the top half of an 8 and the top half of a 7. We aren't able to turn on the stove and use it. I think there was a short power failure during the day that has caused this. Any suggestions for what we can do to rectify this?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 12 months ago.

Please post model number.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
EC745RT90A

You will need to replace the Clock to fix this.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks. ***** indicated in an earlier correspondence we discovered that the child lock had been activated. SO we worked out how to switch that off.

I didnt see anything about the child lock. if it was a power failure eventually the control board will fail and need to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Thank you for using Just Answer