John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have an Aspira TWLWP60 WASHING MACHINE that wont spin. I

Customer Question

I have an Aspira TWLWP60 WASHING MACHINE that wont spin . I have checked the pump for lint or hair , and its clean & turning freely . the machine is about 3-4 yrs old and the washing cycle works fine . When it changes to drain cycle , it just stops working . The lights are still on and the rinse light flashes & it wont spin . Can you advise me ...
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

When the washer won't initiate the spin cycle, are there code numbers on the control display? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E1
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK. Thank you. ***** error code is telling you that there is a problem in the drain circuit. The drain hose is partially or completely blocked. The first chore is to clear the hose, by removing it from the drain pipe, and lowering it to the floor to allow the debris to run out. If nothing comes out, disconnect the hose from the drain pump outlet, and flush it out with a garden hose.

If cleaning the drain hose out does not solve the spin problem, please get back to me.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the hose drains freely when lowered to the floor , I dont think that is the answer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK. Next question; do you hear the drain pump motor running? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK. The drain pump needs to be replaced. If your washer is less than 2 years old, the part and its replacement will be covered by your appliance warranty, and you should contact the company at www.aspira.com.nz/customerservice to arrange for the repair. If the washer is not covered by the warranty, get back to me, and I'll find a part number for you. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any more help, before your request times out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the part no. would be good ..thanks
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.