John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have your dryer Product Code 93158-. The dryer will not

Customer Question

Hi, I have your dryer Product Code 93158-B. The dryer will not spin when turned on and just makes a humming sound. I have taken the back off and when I manually turn the drum the dryer will spin no problems. When I turn it off and try again, same problem, humming noise and will not spin. Again, if I turn the shaft of the electric motor, the drum will spin and seems to work ok, nil noise etc. My wife did notice the dryer was making a noise a few weeks back, but the noise soon disappeared. Any suggestions, not sure if its the motor, but seems ok when you start by manually spinning the drum. The belt also seems to be ok, I did disconnect the belt off the motor and the motor would still not spin. Do you think its a sprocket or something else. Your advice would be appreciated. Kind regards Andrew
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

It sounds like the motor has failed. I'll look up the part information, and I'll get back to you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks John, was my first thought as well, but once the tumbler is rotating, motor sounds fine and seems to spin the tumbler with nil problems. I just have to manually turn the tumbler a little bit then it spins fine. But yes, its probably the motor, that's the confirmation I guess I needed.Cheers Andrew
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

If the motor turns, the problem is a loose or worn drive belt. I'm getting no response, when I use the number you posted. F-P model numbers begin with two letters, followed by numbers. Will you please see if you can find the model number? Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

If you're unable to find the model number, there's another way to determine the correct belt for your unit. Make a cut in the old belt, and remove it from the machine. Take it to a hardware or belt supply store, where is can be measured for length, width, and service rating.

Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Do you need any more help, before your request times out?