Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Maytag Atlantis washing machine Model No MAV9750AGW

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Atlantis washing machine Model No MAV9750AGW it is leaking water from the base of the machine when it is agaiting on the washing cycle the water just runs out albeit it keeping washing it is making a grinding sound I have spent money hving a tecnician look at it but he couldnt find anything can you please help me
Marcia
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Tech-Care replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thankyou for using this service!

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your washer

Let's work together to find out what is wrong :)

Did the tech take the front panel off the washer and inspect it for the leak?

If he did not, then I would suggest that you lift the top and remove the front panel. That way you can see what is happening and possibly where the water leak is originating from.

Take a flat putty knife and look between the top and front panel foe the release clips that will allow the top to come up. They are usually about 4-5 inches in from each side. Push in on the clips with the putty knife while lifting slightly on the top. The top will pop up up a little and you can then lif it up. It is hinged on the back so you can stand it up.

Next there are two screws on the top front edge that can be removed and the the front will tilt forward and lifted off the front. Put the top back down and then you can run the washer to find the leak.

Here is a picture of the cabinet and a video to help you out with taking it apart.

clich here & here for video

Tell me what you find

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks but this is no helpful for me as I am not able to do it myself
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Check the pipe that the washer drains in to when it is draining. Often times, the drain line in your home can become partially obstructed and will overflow when the large amount of water is drained from the washing machine. You should not have to move anything or disassemble anything to check that pipe. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do not email me again I am not happy with your service
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, I was only trying to help you. I hope you have a good rest of your day. Take care.