bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

We have recently had our Beko fridge hooked up to the water

Customer Question

We have recently had our Beko fridge hooked up to the water mains...it is producing ice and crushed ice, but not water. I think the problem is that those two indicators will not turn off when I hit the button. They are both displayed and wont turn off....therefore wont let me select water option. HELP!!!
Thanks in advance
Angie
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Hi Angie ~ If you look inside you will see a label, there should be a product number or code on it (not the model number) could you let me have it please. Thanks - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bonzaco,
The product number is *****
Cheers
Angie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bonzaco,
The Product number is *****
Cheers
Angie
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Did you carry out the tasks in the ice bypass area of the fridge in line with instructions on page 14 of the user manual?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we had a plumber come in to do it, and he followed all instructions. Even rang the company to make sure he'd done all the right things.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK well im out on the road at the moment, and can come back to you later if needed but you should be able to select by pushing the centre button in the display as to whether you want chilled water, ice or a mixture. Does it not allow you do do this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As said in my first email....I've tried that several times, but the ice and crushed ice indicator just stay on. We are getting plenty of ice, but cannot get the water indicator to come up. If you have no solution, I need to know before the end of today, because i have booked a fridge guy to come out tomorrow morning. And I was promised a refund if no solution, which I will need to pay the fridge guy tomorrow. Thanks for trying.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

if you press the water lever do you hear a hum from the back? If not then either the water supply switch is faulty or else the supply valve at the back is not functioning. So firstly check for a hum at the back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We do get the hum....then ice, but can't select cold water option.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK if you are getting a hum it means that you are getting power to the water inlet valve at the back. So either the valve itslelf is faulty or you have a problem with the flow of water from the back of the valve, through the chiller coil and up to the door outlet. Its a case of taking the pipe off the back of the valve, then activating the leave and seeing if water comes out of the back of the valve then moving along until you cant find any water flow. Better if you have someone checking the water whilst the other presses the lever at the front.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We ended up getting a fridge guy in, because it was clear that we had no problem with water flow, because it has been making ice. He said it's either a faulty control panel, or the motherboard is stuffed. He has to come back to check this. Therefore none of the above were the solution.
I was told if we get no solution from this site, that I would be refunded.....can you please let me know that this is going to happen.
Thanks for trying.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

No problems I will ask my moderator to do a refund.