Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a kleenmaid KAW351 that is spinning but not

Customer Question

I have a kleenmaid KAW351 that is spinning but not washing,the centre of the timer that you pull to start spins when pulled out and the timer dosnt move
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Just brought this kleenmaid secondhand so I am not familiar with its operation, though I would like to fix it as Im sick of modern appliances.The centre of the timer moves around loosly when pulled out independant to the outer part of the timer that indicates what cycle the machine is in. I assume that it needs new timer.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Whitegoods Technician should know?
Customer: Yes when the outer part of the timer is set to a spin cycle and the center is pulled out the machine spins.BUT when you set the outer part of the timer to wash and pull the center out the machine does not wash, do you think its only the timer or something more?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello is anyone there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it spins when set to spin, the issue is not likely to be related to the timer. When set to a wash setting, do you hear the water inlet valves humming or buzzing?