AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

My Name is ***** *****, I recently dropped my iron whilst

Customer Question

My Name is ***** *****, I recently dropped my iron whilst the oven was on. It must have shorted it out somehow. After turning the trip switch back on the oven worked again, however the next time I went to use the oven it did not heat up, but the griller works. What do you think the problem is? Is it the oven element or is it a bigger problem. The Blanco oven is Mod. BOSE 63 X
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am not sure what more information I can give you the oven does not heat any more. But the griller works.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Did you hear an electrical arcing noise, when the iron struck the range? Thank you.

May I please be sent the brand name and model number?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not sure about the arcing noise but the oven is a Blanco BOSE63
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

OK. Thank you. The first thing to do is inspect the oven heat element to see if there's any signs of shorting out. Look for breaks in the metal casing, Burned or bubbled spots. Please let me know what you see, when you look at it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please do not deduct and more funds from my account until I decide what to do
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

OK. Your deposit is kept until you decide to accept an answer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I cannot answer your question regarding the element because it is not visible. What are my options at this point bearing in mind I do not want to pay any extra money to continually trying to answer questions about which I have no idea.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

If you are not able to disassemble the oven to inspect the element, and you have no one to help you, there is left the local service professional to make a service call. You'll not be charged by JustAnswer, unless you click on the ACCEPT button. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.