Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Beko WMB81641LC was no working properly - not completely

Customer Question

My Beko WMB81641LC was no working properly - not completely filling and ending the cycle very quickly without completing the process.
I tried to cancel the programme but just have a situation where the word END flashes on and off, the machine is still locked and i can't get anything else to happen. There is intermittent noise which sounds as thought the machine is trying to start.
Is there some master over ride button or something?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Lets see what the error code is stored in there.

Turn the washer off and then turn the dial to the 12 o'clock position.

Then press and hold the start button and with that held in turn the washer on.

After a few seconds the error code will flash up E??

Once you have seen the code just turn the washer off and let me know what the code was.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, the error code is F 13.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I made contact with you through another site. It was asking me for a deposit of $39 . I paid a deposit of $5 yesterday as requested. Don't know what the $39 is all about. My Beko WM has Error message F13. What does this mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe Daniel T is just a fictional generic person?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
I am a really person here I had just logged of last night when you reply and was in bed at 6.30 this morning when you replied again.
As to the fault F13 is a motor related fault.
If you set the washer going on a spin only will the drum turn at all?If not then you need to remove the motor from the bottom of the washer at the back and from there see if this type of motor has the carbon brushes in there. As Theres a few versions of this model and some use a 3 phase motor which is brushless. If you done have the carbon brushes you will see 2 plastic holders at the back. Remove these and if they have worn right down then you need to replace them.Then retry he washer and see if this cures the fault.Let me know what you find.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel, the UK /Australia time difference makes things a bit difficult!
Thank you for your explanation. It is good to know where the problem is located, however taking the machine to pieces is outside my comfort zone! I will have to get a local technician to come.
I will therefore not be using any more assistance from you or JustAnswer.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok didn't realise you was in Australia as it popped up on the Uk appliance section.
As to the fault as least you know where it lies so hopefully if you get an engineer in they will sort it for you.Good luck with it.