Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Tyler, I had a water spill down the front of my bosch oven.

Customer Question

hi Tyler, I had a water spill down the front of my bosch oven. The trip went but is now back on. The cook top works but no lights on oven
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The oven control was likely shorted out.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
HT5HBP7
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. I see this is a wall oven. Did the water get down into the control area? It is probably on a separate wiring from the cooktop, are you sure the power is on to this oven?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the power is on. The water ran down the front of the oven. It could have entered the control panel?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Yes, it is not sealed. There are seams that it would have gone in and likely shorted out the oven control. If you are certain there is power to it, the control will likely need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please advise the cost of this advice, I suspected that myself.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

You selected the question value at the start of your session, I can only see this thread. Would you like a link to the correct part?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
please
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Can you locate the complete E number, I cannot get you an accurate part number with that partial number.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I was just checking in with you because I have not heard back from you. If you have no other questions, positive feedback would be appreciated.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!