AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

I have a SRS607HDSS. The fridge went into defrost mode and

Customer Question

I have a SRS607HDSS. The fridge went into defrost mode and did not cool down again. We have fitted and repositioned the defrost sensor. Does it need to be reset as it is not cooling down at all after plugging back in even though the display appears to be functioning correctly?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is the compressor coming back on and are the fans inside the cabinet running?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The fans are, not sure how to tell if the compressor is?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can hear something running on the outside of the unit from behind. I can't hear anything running inside the fridge or the freezer.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Is the back wall in the freezer cold at all? If it is, then there is an issue with the evaporator fan. If not, we need to determine for certain if the compressor is running.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, it's not cold. When left on and on power cool/freeze the freezer stays at 26 and the fridge at 20 and nothing inside either feels cold
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just letting you know I am opting out of this conversation and your website. Two reasons - your website promises 24/7 availability, but your replies are hours apart. I haven't got all day to wait around for a response. Maybe this is your way of getting people to call you and spend another $34. Second reason - your website states that you take a $5 deposit and the remaining $34 when you have answered to my satisfaction yet the $34 has already been withdrawn from my bank account. Thanks for nothing