Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Can you help please, My Whirlpool fridge WRBE47 keeps on

Customer Question

Can you help please, My Whirlpool fridge WRBE47 keeps on "Beeping" and 3 freezer LEDs flashing to indicate "Door Open" the doors are both completely closed - Fridge is defrosting, if i stop the alarm and or power off and on the fridge I will then work normally for nearly a day before the process starts anew
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! When you turn the refrigerator off, you are allowing the electronic control to reset it programming function. Since it returns to normal operation for several hours, I believe the main electronic control is faulty. You can try an extended power cycle (unplug refrigerator for at least 4 hours) and see if it will hard reset. If it still acts up after this, the main controller will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yeah when I turn it of I wait for about 15 sec and I can hear a faint click then I switch back on. I will try the hard reset next when I can.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Okay, keep me posted. I suspect the main control board will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
will do i plan to reset tomorrow once most of the remaining contents have been delt with
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Sure, thank you. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok after leaving the fridge powered off for 5-6 hours and turning back on it worked fine for a tleast 8 hours before beeping again
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Okay, so the issue is likely to be with the electronic control. It probably went into a defrost cycle and then alarms once it comes out of that cycle. The control module will probably need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is this a part I can obtain and install myself
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

It is, but I will need to have you double check that model number, please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yep sure WRBE47
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

That is not a good model. Even just doing a basic Google search, nothing even close comes up. Are there any other numbers on the appliance at all?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
noting all the details on the fridge all i have is 2 numbers WRBE47TS and JM7140973. there is only once instance the first number has TS added
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Odd, that TS turns out to be very important, thank you! The company below handles the parts for that model but you will need to phone them for pricing as they do not list it.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
cool thanks so what part do I actually need to replace?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

The main electronic control

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hmm that site only lists 1 part for that model so is of no use to me, but i found this elsewhere wondering if this was the part i need
https://shop.onlineappliancespares.com.au/part/326064921-217623/41390
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

That is why I suggested phoning them, they can get it but do not have it listed. There is a less expensive one at the link below.

CLICK HERE