AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 10 years
76126576

My Fisher & Paykel WashSmart machine is stuck. When turning

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my Fisher & Paykel WashSmart machine is stuck. When turning on the machine all the the standard setting lights come on. But we can't change any settings either by rotating the dial or by pressing any buttons. When trying to start the machine by pressing the start button, it won't work.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Whitegoods Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The machine beeps three times after trying to press any button or when rotating the wheel
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have turned off the machine at the wall and tried to restart it that way, but the problem still remains
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the model number please? Im sorry but I do not have access to a phone at the moment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where on the machine is a model number located usually?

Look inside the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WH7560P2

Try unplugging the unit for 10 minutes and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jamie, it still isn't working after unplugging it for 10 minutes

okay try this.

1.With the machine off: Press and hold the WASH TEMP DOWN button and then the POWER button until the machine gives 2 short beeps and lights up.
2. Press the SPIN SPEED UP button 3 times so that the HOLD and SLOW LEDs are illuminated.
3. Look at the 8 LEDs across the top that show the progress of the cycle. Tell me which ones are illuminated. List them for me please (example: 1st, 6th,7th) - from Left to Right

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry, our machine doesn't have up and down buttons. I checked the model code I sent you and I have made a typo. It's WH7560P1 not WH7560P2

Can you post a pic of the control panel please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the control panel with only one button per function

-Hold down "spin speed" & "soil level" buttons, press Power while these buttons are being held.
-Press dial:should lock door
-Press dial:should begin to spin (rpm should show)
-Press dial:should begin to spin faster (rpm X 10 being shown)
-continue to press dial which will bring you into filling up, filling up pre wash dispencer, softener dispencer, liquid bleach dispencer, until machine drains. If anything is wrong during these different cycles, the error code should come on and you should have a better idea of what is wrong with your washer. note: you have to keep pressing dial to go into next cycle, it doesn't run itself through the different cycles.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help

Did you get it working?

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Thank you for using Just Answer.